Ford Mustang Shelby G.T.350 H, Recreation
Ford Mustang Shelby G.T.350 H, Recreation
Mustang Fastback Shelby GT350 H, 1:1 Recreation
After full restoration only driven about 100 KM!
Complete restoration (nuts & bolts restoration) of an original 1966 Ford Mustang V8 Fastback. First delivery in San Jose, California / USA.
This Mustang was purchased privately in the U.S. in summer 2017. Lovingly and professionally restored in Germany within two years. A 1:1 conversion to the legendary Ford Mustang Shelby G.T. 350 Hertz was carried out. Well-preserved original G.T.350 H fetch well over 200,000 euros at international auctions. Over 1,000 working hours and more than 50,000 euros in parts were invested in this vehicle.
The modifications that Carrol Shelby himself made at the time served as a template: special engine parts, larger exhaust system, modification to the chassis, functional air intakes, golden stripes, Magnum rims with Goodyear polyglass white tires, etc.
The entire restoration is documented with over 500 photos . Every component, including motor, gearbox, axle, etc. was overhauled. As far as possible, the original parts have been restored and reused.
The restoration started with complete sandblasting of the body. Rust spots have been removed 100%, so the vehicle is rust free! All cavities were sealed with fluid film for prevention. The underbody has been given a special, resistant varnish that is also used in shipbuilding.
This Mustang Fastback matches the original Hertz Shelby, if not better. The engine, the front axle, carburetor, etc. were professionally adjusted by a specialist. Full acceptance, German papers, extensive documentation and documents, Classic Data reports with grade 1 and replacement value of 89.500 EUR are available without complaints.
Perfect show car that is great fun to drive: The GT350H manages 0 to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds and is difficult to distinguish from the original. After the restoration the car was only driven approx. 100 km.
Equipment: C-Code 289 2V V8, converted to Shelby engine with high 10.5: 1 compression (Bore 4.06, Stroke 2.87), 310 bhp, incl.original Shelby oil pan, original Shelby aluminum 4V intake manifold, original Shelby valve cover, only high-performance components installed.
- Fastback 2 + 2 incl. Seat belts in the back, front Shelby racing seat belts Quick-release
• Raven Black paintwork including painted gold stripes and glued sill strips, like the original
• Functional air intakes on the hood and on the sides, like the original
• Rear Shelby side windows in exchange for the ventilation inlets
• Limited slip differential with gear ratio 3.89: 1, like the original
• Shelby / Hertz application parts fully available, such as fuel caps, steering wheel hub caps, wheel hub caps, stickers, floor mats, trunk mats, etc
• Revised C4 Cruise-O-Matic automatic transmission including new TCI converter weekend race
• Black leather interior (Black Crinkle Vinyl)
• Fastback functional rear folding wall including through-loading option
• Modern radio with a mustang retro look and a new loudspeaker
• Shelby tachometer
• Factory hazard lights
• Reversing lights
• Windscreen wipers and windscreen washer
• Sports suspension with HD leaf springs and GT spiral springs
• Chromed steel magnum rims 14 ” with reproduced Goodyear polyglass F70-14 whiteletter tires
• Shelby traction bars on the new 9 ” rear axle
• Manifold and 2 ¼ inch double pipe exhaust system, like the original
• Refurbished holley 4V 4160 715cfm carburetor with e-choke (e-choke deviates from the shelby, which was manual and had to be retrofitted by the dealer)
• Pertronix ignition
• GT wooden steering wheel
• SSBC front disc brakes with brake booster
• Original Ford power steering (brake booster and power steering differ from the Shelby, were not intended for racing cars and had to be retrofitted via the dealer)
• 11/16 inch stabilizer at the front
• Spare tires in the trunk including cover
• Floor under the carpet completely covered with anti-dron and thermal insulation.
Ford Mustang Fastback Shelby G.T. 350 H
First registration 07.1966
Engine 4.7 liter V8 (engine identical to the original Shelby engine)
Power: KW / rpm) = 228/6000, 310 bhp
Color: Raven Black / Gold (manufacturer)
Interior: black synthetic leather
Odometer reading 54,275 KM
German H plates
Price: 89.500 Euro, approx. 102.500 US $, 376.000 AED